How do I erase a drive in Windows 7?
Remove a partition in Windows 7
- To open the Disk Management tool, click Start.
- In the menu bar on the left of the Computer Management window, select Disk Management.
- Right-click the volume or partition you want to delete, and then click Delete Volume…
- If you have backed up any data you want to keep, click Yes.
Table of Contents
How do I erase a drive?
To delete a partition (or volume) with Disk Management, follow these steps:
- Open Home.
- Look for Disk Management.
- Select the drive with the partition you want to delete.
- Right-click (only) on the partition you want to delete and select the Delete Volume option.
- Click the Yes button to confirm that all data will be deleted.
How do I delete old partitions in Windows 7?
Method 1. Delete partition using Windows Disk Management
- In the Start menu search field, type diskmgmt. msc and click the Enter key.
- Choose the Delete Volume option from the drop-down menu after right-clicking on the partition you want to delete.
- Click the Yes button on the warning message to confirm the deletion.
How do I delete an active partition in Windows 7?
- Open the command prompt.
- Type: Disc Part
- At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (this command will list all the disks you have)
- At the next prompt, type: select disk # (# means the number of the disk that contains the wrong active partition)
- At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition.
How do I make a partition not active?
Set partition as idle enter em=””>Select DISK 0” to set your disk as current working hard disk. Enter “PARTITION LIST” to determine the ## number of your disk partition. Enter “Select PARTITION 1” to set the first partition as the current working partition. Enter “INACTIVE” to set the current partition to inactive.
How to delete hard drive partition in Windows 7?
How to delete hard drive partition at command prompt in Windows 7 step by step? 1 Open an elevated command prompt and enter “cd + AOMEI Partition Assistant installation directory” and press Enter. 2 Type partassist.exe /hd:0 /del:all and press Enter. It will delete all partitions on disk 0. You can replace 0 with a… More
Is there a way to permanently erase the hard drive in Windows 7?
Here, we highly recommend this Windows 7 disk cleaner – AweEraser. This easy-to-use disk cleanup software can help you safely wipe hard drive for Windows 7 and format Windows 7 hard drive, erase data permanently.
How can I remove everything from my hard drive?
In the Windows settings panel, click the “Update & Security” option. Step 2 Click the “Recovery” option in the left navigation options, and then click the “Get Started” button in the “Reset this PC” section. Step 3 Select the “Delete everything” option which removes all your personal files, apps and settings and starts fresh.
How to delete everything on a Windows 7 computer?
1 Factory reset the PC to remove everything on the computer. 2 Use MiniTool Partition Wizard to wipe the PC completely so that the data cannot be recovered. 3 Reinstall Windows.