How do I fix my unresponsive Seagate external hard drive?
Basic hardware troubleshooting steps:
- Try connecting the drive to a different port on the computer.
- If possible, try using a different cable.
- Try using the drive on a different computer.
- Verify that the drive light is on.
- Try a different outlet.
Table of Contents
How do I erase my Seagate external hard drive?
This feature was introduced in macOS 10.13 and is not available in 10.11 or 10.12.
- Select Delete.
- A dialogue box opens. Enter a name for the drive.
- For Format, select OS X Extended (Journaled).
- For Scheme, select GUID Partition Map.
- Click Delete.
- Disk Utility formats the drive. When you’re done, click Done.
How do I wipe my hard drive to factory settings?
How to erase a Windows hard drive
- Click the Start button and then click “Settings”.
- In the Settings window, click “Update & Security”.
- In the left panel, click “Recovery”.
- In the Reset this PC section of the window, click “Get started.”
- In the Reset this PC window, click “Remove everything”.
Where is the Seagate Central reset button?
At the bottom of the Seagate Central device, there is a RESET button. Using a paper clip or pen, press and hold the button for about 10-15 seconds until the light on top of the PBX flashes.
How do I “reset” the hard drive?
Reset a Windows 10 drive to factory settings Click on the menu. Click Settings. Click Update & Security. Click Recovery. Click Get started under “Reset this PC.” Select Delete All. Select a drive cleaning option. Click Next. Click Reset.
How can I reset my Seagate Central Cloud?
Shut down Seagate Central by unplugging it from power.
Is the Seagate control panel necessary?
You must keep Seagate Dashboard installed because it is required for the maintenance software that comes with the drive. However, it is not necessary for the drive to run.
Why is my Seagate hard drive not working?
If your computer or Seagate external hard drive is infected with a virus, it may cause the drive to be undetectable or unreadable. In this case, the best solution for this problem is to use a virus cleaning software to remove and clean the virus on your drive and PC. You can then restart the PC and try to access the Seagate external hard drive again.
What is the best computer backup device?
External hard drive is undoubtedly the best and safest computer backup device as it offers ample storage space and comes with a number of security features as well. In addition to this, it is physically strong and well protected which prevents it from physical damage unlike CDs and DVDs.
What is Seagate firmware?
Firmware is a chip built into the device that contains programming code. You can change the firmware on a Seagate HDD as a troubleshooting method.