How do I remove the Dameware Client Agent?
Manually uninstall Dameware Remote Support (DRS)
- Stop your remote support service from Dameware.
- Delete the following folders: C:/Program Files (x86)/SolarWinds/DameWare Remote Support.
- Delete the following icons: C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/StartUp/DRS.
- Delete the registry keys mentioned below. Note:
Table of Contents
What is Dameware mini remote control service?
SolarWinds Dameware Mini Remote Control is a powerful remote control software and desktop sharing tool designed to enable IT professionals to remotely access end-user computers, laptops, and servers for remote management and support.
How do I update my Dameware agent?
For recent versions of Dameware, there are no specific instructions for upgrading Dameware. You can install a new version of Dameware on top of an older version of Dameware. The installer for the new version of Dameware uninstalls the old version of Dameware for you.
How do I get rid of the Dameware license?
Disable Dameware Seat Based Licensing
- Sign in to the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
- Click Licenses > Manage licenses.
- Find your license key and click Deactivate license manually.
- Click I don’t have access to the machine with the SolarWinds product.
- Click Reset License.
- Select the computer name from the list.
How do I set up my Dameware mini remote?
To connect to an internal computer using Dameware Mini Remote Control:
- Start the Dameware Mini Remote Control app.
- Click Connect to Server.
- In the Host field, enter a hostname or IP address of the remote system.
- Select an authentication method and connection method.
How to install Dameware Client Agent Service on Windows?
Start Dameware Mini Remote Control and select File > Connect to local or remote sessions. Enter the hostname or IP address and administrative credentials. Click Connect. When prompted to install the client agent service, click OK. Set the service startup type to Manual. (Default is Auto.
Can you USE the command line to install Dameware?
You can use command line options to install Dameware Remote Support or Dameware Mini Remote Control. A command line install is useful when you don’t have administrator permissions on the target computer and want to install the application silently. You must run the commands with administrator permissions.
How to install Dameware remote support or mini remote control?
APPDIR=”C://Program Files//Dameware programName//” specifies the installation directory. Enter Remote Support or Mini Remote Control instead of programName to use the default installation directory. SILENT=yes tells the installer to install the program silently.
What to do if you have uninstalled Dameware on your computer?
Enable NetBios. This is usually related to User Access Control or Windows Firewall. Run the installer as an administrator or log in to the computer with the administrator or domain administrator account. If you have uninstalled Dameware and are trying to reinstall it, you may need to remove the registry keys.