Fortnite Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is crucial, even if it doesn’t seem glamorous. Fortnite 2FA Enable makes it more difficult for someone to hijack your account if they get your password, which may happen easy if you don’t use unique passwords for everything. It’s essentially an additional lock to open that makes it more difficult for chancers to try their luck and, if done correctly, ensures that only you have access to your account.
In Fortnite, two factor authentication works by requiring you to Log In Twice. So, instead of a single password, you’ll need to enter a two-factor authentication code. This will be delivered to you and you alone, therefore the password will be meaningless without it. This protects you and your account from malicious logins, making it considerably more difficult for anyone to guess your password if it has been leaked.
This not only makes your account more secure and safeguards all of your hard-earned stuff, but it also grants you access to the special Boogie Down Emote, which you can only acquire if you enable Fortnite two factor authentication. 2FA will also earn you 50 Armoury Slots, 10 Backpack Slots, and One Legendary Troll Stash Llama if you’re also playing Save the World.
New Post: Upcoming Fallout 76 Update Details
Table of Contents
What is Fortnite 2FA?
Two-factor authentication, or 2FA for short, is a method of increasing the security of your Fortnite account. Due to the popularity of Fortnite, there are always people attempting to hack your account and obtain access to your favorite skins, so setting 2FA is a must for preventing unwanted visitors.
It works by requiring you to authenticate it’s a real (IE you) login anytime someone attempts to access your Fortnite account from a new machine by entering a code issued to the account holder by Epic. This can be sent to you or delivered through an authenticator app, depending on your desire. It implies that your account is entirely safe. Of course, as long as you don’t share your unique 2FA code with anyone.
New Article: Deep Rock Galactic Honest Review
Why is it Important to Enable Fortnite 2FA?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is highly recommended for the following reasons:
- Security: Your account’s security is improved by using two-factor authentication. Nobody will be able to access your account even if they guess your password.
- Games that are Completely Free: On the Epic Games Store, 2FA is necessary to claim some free games.
- Gifting: In Fortnite, 2FA is required to send gifts.
- Competing in Fortnite: 2FA is required to compete in Fortnite competitive events, such as the Fortnite World Cup!
How to Enable Two Factor Authentication on Fortnite?
- Simply go to Fortnite.com/2FA to enable 2FA on your Fortnite account.
- Log in to your Epic Games account and look for the option to enable email 2FA or authenticator app 2FA
- Below is the option to change your password.
- Select your desired option and follow the on-screen steps to enable Fortnite 2FA.
How to Get the Boogie Down Emote through Fortnite 2FA?
Enabling 2FA on your account will get you access to the Fortnite Boogie Down emote, which has been available for a few months. You should receive your prize the next time you check in. So, if you haven’t yet purchased Fortnite 2FA, you now have a whole new dance to perform in-game!